Is the Soup really On? Are you serious?

NLCS Game 7: StL (Jeff Suppan) vs. NYM (Oliver Perez)
Like any self-respecting Cubs fan, I'm thinking, "Go Mets."
I also have a fondness for Oliver Perez because at one point this season he was considered by many to be the most talented starting pitcher for my beloved Indianapolis Indians. Always good to see a fellow Hoosier make good. Unless of course the Hoosier is Scott Rolen. Oh, and Michael Jackson, or Evan Bayh. On second thought there are a lot of fellow Hoosiers whom I'd rather not have any success at all. But that's beside the point.
I've been referring to Jeff Suppan for two years, with and insane amount of pleasure (probably too much) as the 2004 World Series hero. I often say this within earshot of Cardinals fans and I never fail to get a few dirty looks in response. I love this. So I have a problem. Soup-on is either going to win this game, lose it or pitch admirably and fail to figure in the decision. Either way, it's pretty fucking remarkable that he's the more competent part of the starting pitching matchup in Game 7 of the NLfuckingCS. This is why I hate the Cardinals so. Because they have this totally shitty roster, which, while shitty, still manages to be good enough to beat all the other gay ass NL teams through and through and especially when it counts. When it doesn't count at all, like in their 17 annual exhibition games against the Cubs, they show their true colors and fail terrificly.
But you watch, Jeff Soup-on is going to outdual the Great Oliver (you really have GOT to be kidding me) Perez tonight and he'll be referred to, in all seriousness (probably too much) as the 2006 NLCS hero. One more thing that the gay ass Cardinal fans can shove up my pimply white ass every time I rip them about their failure to beat the Cubs in a season series (like that even fucking matters.) They'll be dancing around on the Shea Stadium Field and sipping champagne all the way to Detroit before they finally get what's coming to them. But we'll have to hear about what a great story they are to have this totally shitty roster that defied all the odds and beat two other shitty teams to claim their crown as the Champs of the National League. We should all be so proud.
What the hell ever. I hope their fucking plane crashes.
DK57!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home