Receiving Grace...
Ironically, I slowly walk to a Church
To find out if I'm cursed
Or if I'm better of in a Hearst.
Rehearse the verse,
Trying to get paid
In the worst way.
Since first grade,
Been shootin' the gift like it was God's birthday.
Now where was I,
The day that Hip Hop died?
Up in the ride,
Pumpin' old school
And praisin' the Most High,
Disputing lies. (Why?)
To keep the dream alive
In the minds of me and mine
With rhyme demonstrations.
Amalgamation giving mouth-to-mic recussitations.
Wagin' epic battles.
I was born to raise the rabble.
Receiving soul claps for battle raps in tabernacles.
The wafer gets chased
By alcohol and crushed grapes
When I receive Grace
Like the Cubs when they embraced at homeplate
Back in the pennant race of '98.
MCs can't compete with a ryhme as tight as these.
Me and my partners be the three
Flyest in the archdiocese.
Holdin' crucifixes like mics (And verse-vice)
We sip the blood of Christ
From Baptism to Last Rites.
We shoot precise.
Goin' deeper than Jerry Rice
And when we die we'll be rocking the mic in the afterlife!
~ Apex Untitled
To find out if I'm cursed
Or if I'm better of in a Hearst.
Rehearse the verse,
Trying to get paid
In the worst way.
Since first grade,
Been shootin' the gift like it was God's birthday.
Now where was I,
The day that Hip Hop died?
Up in the ride,
Pumpin' old school
And praisin' the Most High,
Disputing lies. (Why?)
To keep the dream alive
In the minds of me and mine
With rhyme demonstrations.
Amalgamation giving mouth-to-mic recussitations.
Wagin' epic battles.
I was born to raise the rabble.
Receiving soul claps for battle raps in tabernacles.
The wafer gets chased
By alcohol and crushed grapes
When I receive Grace
Like the Cubs when they embraced at homeplate
Back in the pennant race of '98.
MCs can't compete with a ryhme as tight as these.
Me and my partners be the three
Flyest in the archdiocese.
Holdin' crucifixes like mics (And verse-vice)
We sip the blood of Christ
From Baptism to Last Rites.
We shoot precise.
Goin' deeper than Jerry Rice
And when we die we'll be rocking the mic in the afterlife!
~ Apex Untitled

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home